Heart Rate Workout #3 (Body Weighted)
This is a body-weighted workout, meaning no extra equipment is required. Challenge yourself with a weight vest if you have one!
Click here to learn about heart rate training.
Use the foam roller and lacrosse ball to prepare your muscles for this workout. Do this for 8 minutes.
Static and Dynamic Warmup
- Scapular Pushups (5 hands / 5 forearms)
- 8 Spiders with twist (each side)
- 8 Knee pull to forward lunge (each leg)
- 8 Lateral lunges (alternating sides, 8 each side)
- 40 Jumping Jacks
- 40 Skips
- 20 Mountain Climbers (10 each side)
- 6 Burpees
- Do the first set of exercises for 10 minutes in a laddered format. For example, do 10 reps of each exercise, then 9, 8, etc. until you reach 90% of your maximum heart rate.
- Recover to 65-70% of your maximum heart rate and then resume the ladder where you left off. Keep going until the 10 minutes has expired. See you many ladders you can complete in 10 minutes.
- Move onto the second circuit after 10 minutes has expired.
1st Ladder - 10 Minutes:
2nd Ladder - 10 Minutes:
Don't forget the Challenge of the Day!
Click here to return to the Workout Menu.