Heart Rate Workout #5 (Body Weighted)
This is a body-weighted workout, meaning no extra equipment is required. Challenge yourself with a weight vest if you have one!
Click here to learn about heart rate training.
Use the foam roller and lacrosse ball to prepare your muscles for this workout. Do this for 8 minutes.
Static and Dynamic Warmup
- 15 Scapular Pushups
- 6 Spiders with twist (each side)
- 6 Sumo Sits (no arms)
- 10 Pushups
- Split Squats, 6 each leg
- 6 Single leg deadlifts (each leg)
- Do each for 25 seconds:
- In the first set of exercises you are working for 20 seconds with a 10 second break and repeating this until heart rate is greater than or equal to 90% of your maximum heart rate.
- Once you reach 90% + complete the recovery exercise for the designated number of reps. After that, fully recover to 65%-70% of max HR before starting the next exercise. Once you complete all three exercises...DO IT AGAIN!
- Repeat the same exercises for 2 more rounds, but this time you are working for 15 seconds with a 15 second break. Don’t forget the challenge at the end, just pick one exercise and go for 60 seconds!!
2 Rounds of 20 Seconds on 10 Seconds off until 90%+
- Fast Feet
- Recovery: 10 Sumo Sits with Knee Press
- Front Plank with Hip Extension
- Recovery: Shoes off, ankle mobility, 8 straight, 8 right.
Repeat above exercises, 2 Rounds of 15 Seconds on 15 Seconds off until 90%+
Pick one exercise and do it for 60 seconds. For recovery, do half kneel breathing exercise.
Don't forget the Challenge of the Day!
Click here to return to the Workout Menu.