Jungle Gym Workout #2
This workout requires a Jungle Gym. Challenge yourself with a weight vest if you have one!
Use the foam roller and lacrosse ball to prepare your muscles for this workout. Do this for 8 minutes.
Static and Dynamic Warmup
- 20 Leg Swings
- 8 Knee Drives (left, right, center)
- 10 Squats facing the wall 5 inches away, arms up
- 5 Knee pull to forward lunge (each leg)
- 5 Lateral lunges with cross behind (both legs)
- 5 Lunge to hamstring stretch (both legs)
- 8 Scapular pushup to regular pushup
- 40 Jumping Jacks
- 40 Skips
- 40 Butt Kicks
Follow these directions to complete this 20 minute workout:
- Set a timer for 20 minutes.
- Count your repititions and move from one exercise to the next until the 20 minutes has elapsed.
- Only take breaks when absolutely needed. Work at a moderate intensity (heart rate of 120-160 beats per minute) and sustain this effort for the entire 20 minutes.
- For an added challenge, do this workout for 30 minutes.
- Jungle Gym Horizontal Pullups, 10 reps (progression: move feet closer to wall).
- Jungle Gym Pushups, 10 reps (progression: put your feet in the handles)
- Jungle Gym Side Lunges, 10 reps each leg (progression: add a jump to the side)
- Jungle Gym Reverse Lunges, 10 reps each leg (progression: alternating)
Don't forget the Challenge of the Day!
Click here to return to the Workout Menu.